
EU Briefed On Taliban Clash & Counterterrorism Concerns, Says Pak FM
Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said he had provided detailed explanations to 27 European countries regarding Islamabad’s recent confrontation with the Taliban.

Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said he had provided detailed explanations to 27 European countries regarding Islamabad’s recent confrontation with the Taliban.

Pakistan Army spokesperson Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said the country makes no distinction between terrorist organisations and considers all militants a threat, adding that in Pakistan’s view “the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.”
The Taliban’s Ministry for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice has detained a 70-year-old TikTok user, Malik Akbar, and released a video of his forced confession.
The US State Department has announced an immediate halt to issuing visas for all individuals travelling on Afghan passports, citing national security concerns.

The social network X has recently introduced a new feature that reveals users’ locations, exposing details that lift the veil on the activities of those in power and on the money invested in information warfare.

The Taliban’s Ministry of Defence has announced the graduation of hundreds of commando fighters amid sharply rising tensions with Pakistan.

Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry has warned that terrorist groups operating from Afghan territory under the protection of the Taliban pose a serious threat to regional and global security.

The UN human rights office has urged the United States to keep its doors open to asylum seekers. The call is a response to President Donald Trump’s recent remarks about closing immigration from what he called “third world countries.”

Leaders of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) have called for Afghanistan to become an independent, neutral and peaceful state, free from terrorism, war and narcotics.

Afghanistan is not experiencing shortages of medicines despite the suspension of pharmaceutical imports from Pakistan, the Taliban’s Minister of Public Health, Noor Jalal Jalali, said on Friday.

US President Donald Trump has said that many Afghans evacuated to the United States were brought in without proper screening and claimed that some of them are “people who shouldn’t be here.”

Pakistan has condemned the shooting of two US National Guard members near the White House, calling it an act of terrorism. The country warned that similar threats have repeatedly emerged from Afghanistan over the past two decades.

Yasin Zia, leader of the Afghanistan Freedom Front, has dismissed former President Ashraf Ghani’s warnings about the risk of national fragmentation.

US Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard has described the Afghan suspect accused of wounding two US National Guard members near the White House as a “radical Islamist terrorist,” saying all aspects of the case are under investigation.

US authorities have identified the man accused of shooting two National Guard members near the White House on Wednesday as Rahmanullah Lakanwal.

A Taliban delegation led by Mohammad Ismail Ghaznawi, the group’s governor of Badakhshan, has travelled to Tajikistan for discussions on border coordination and related security issues.

The United States immigration authority has announced an immediate halt to the processing of all immigration applications submitted by Afghan nationals.

Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the man accused of shooting two National Guard members near the White House, previously worked with several US government agencies in Afghanistan including the CIA, Fox News has reported, citing US intelligence sources.

The Taliban have sought Russia’s assistance in regaining access to meetings of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) after being excluded from recent sessions.

Pakistan’s special envoy for Afghanistan, Mohammad Sadiq Khan, has held talks in Islamabad with Mohammad Reza Bahrami, director-general for South Asia at Iran’s Foreign Ministry, to discuss regional security and the threat posed by militant groups operating from Afghanistan.

Pakistan’s information minister has accused the Afghan Taliban and Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) of jointly orchestrating the recent suicide attack in Islamabad. He said that authorities have obtained “clear evidence” that the bomber was an Afghan national.

The Taliban’s Supreme Court says four people, including two women, were publicly flogged in Balkh province after being convicted of what the group described as “illicit relations.” The individuals received between 20 and 39 lashes each.